Purchase Ledger Clerk
Charters are seeking a full-time Purchase Ledger Clerk based at our Peugeot branch in Aldershot.
You will ensure the swift, accurate and timely processing of purchase ledger invoices, in line with company policy and procedures. You will also ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices. You will provide support to the Dealership accountant and other dealership personnel as required. Previous experience in a similar role (financial background) is required and those having previous retail motor experience will have a distinct advantage.
A strong level of numeracy skills and attention-to-detail are required as well as:
· Good computer keyboard skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Good verbal and written communication skills
Your role will include:
· Registering all invoices onto Keyloop DMS (training will be provided if required)
· Having invoices authorised and passed for payment
· Reconciling customer statements and weekly/monthly payment runs
· Raising ad-hoc cheques and BACS payments as-and-when required
· Cash posting and allocation of all cheques and BACS entries
· Reconciling purchase ledger accounts on Keyloop and maintaining them in an orderly fashion
· Regular liaison with suppliers
· Maintain an accurate filing system ensuring all records are stored and can be accessed appropriately
· Checking and ordering stationary as required
· Other tasks and procedures as and when necessary
· Accurate and timely processing of invoices and payments to meet monthly deadlines as set by the Dealership Accountant
· That you carry out all tasks, ensuring high standards of housekeeping and attention-to-detail
If this sounds like a role that suits your skillset then do not hesitate to contact us.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com